Starting the Neurorecovery Network

All righty then… Let me see… I’m trying to figure out where to start because my last entry was, wow, on my rebirth-day, 8/1. I have to do better!

Well, I’m back in Atlanta for the Neurorecovery Network (NRN). It started on Wednesday with some baseline testing. The coolest test they did was a standing test to see what my body would/could do if anything. It took 4 people to manually stand me up, I felt like a giant! I’m not sure what they found but I didn’t feel like I could do much of anything as far as standing goes. I’ll be posting a video soon (once I figure out the best way to do that).

Thursday was a rough day for me. It was supposed to be a busy day of testing with blood work starting at 8:30, 2 hour neurological test at 9:30, another neurological test at 1 and finally 1.5 hours of physical NRN testing from 2:30-4. If that wasn’t tough enough lets add in a late nurse which almost caused me to miss my blood work appointment and a “body malfunction” at the end of my first test that required a mid day cleanup and BP. A “body malfunction” in it of itself is mentally and physically taxing but adding the stress of how your wife is going to take care of it and watch your 4 year old and 20 month old sons at the same time is extra hard. Some how things worked out and we got through it, but I really wanted to call it a day. Even though I felt off after that I had to push through it because you really can’t miss sessions with this program. The highlight of the day was making the 1 mile journey from Shepherd to my apartment by myself for the first time! I ended the day with finding out that my sp (bladder drain) tube was kinked and that is why I felt so crappy for the rest of the day.

Enough of that yucky stuff it’s now Friday and things are much better! Now don’t get me wrong Friday was hard but in a good way. Friday was like the first official day of NRN, which means doing 1 hour on the treadmill followed by 30 minutes of regular PT. I did my 1 hour on the treadmill; it wasn’t easy but it went well. After the treadmill, I was supposed to do my PT but I was about to literally pass out so they called it quits. This to me a was a good day.

I’m really looking forward to getting into a routine and seeing what happens. Monday, will be my first full week of NRN so wish me luck!

Peace until my next entry.

This entry was posted in Rehabilitation and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Starting the Neurorecovery Network

Leave a Reply